I am so excited to feature Venus as my first client spotlight! The women I introduce to you over the next few months have accomplished amazing feats in their professional careers and I have been privileged enough to work with them.
Venus is one of my most memorable clients – she is fun, speaks her mind, and has incredible passion for her work. She is a vegan chef, author, and motivational speaker. Let's learn more about her, shall we?
1. What inspired you to become a vegan and start motivational speaking?
I have always loved animals.I have been a vegetarian and vegan other times in my life for compassion reasons. It never stuck probably for many reasons, but I believe my heart has always been with a plant-based lifestyle.Then ten years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is when I came full force into the vegan lifestyle but with the emphasis on plants not refined foods. I started for health benefits and it came full circle back to compassion. I do believe when done right it is the most healthy and kind way to eat.
2. What is your favorite part about your job?
Inspiring people to understand cancer and disease is preventable and if by chance you do get a diagnosis that it does not have to be a death sentence. Getting people back in the kitchen!!
3. What is something you’ve accomplished in your career that you are most proud of?
I've written 2 books and have told my story over many kinds of outlets, such as on stages, radio, podcasts and TV
4. Did you ever see yourself becoming a writer or speaker as a young woman? Would the younger you be surprised of where you are now?
I was an esthetician for 35 years and my dream had always been to franchise my clinics, but then I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my dreams changed. So no my younger self never saw me doing this.
5. What would be your advice for a young person trying to make it in your field?
I only can say don't give up and stay true to you and your message. Sometimes you will have to deliver it in other ways than you had first planned,just to get someones attention.
6. What are your biggest dreams for the future of your business?
My dreams have stayed constant. To be on more platforms speaking and to have a plant-based cooking show.
7. What can we expect to see from you in 2019?
8. What has been your favorite part about working with me?
I have enjoyed working with you; for starters you actually listen to me and have gotten to know me. Then of course your work is impeccable.
Make sure to check out Venus' cooking book for dogs being released this Spring!
Thanks for reading, and check back soon for more client spotlights!
Amanda, AKA "Indie Moon"